Friday, January 8, 2010

Life After Love


As I sit here typing
Dogs are barking
Birds are larking

As I sit here thinking
My heart is healing
And time is stealing

As I'm here wondering
My mind isn't mended
From what pain has rended

As I'm here hurting
My tears are welling
From the memories' telling

As I feel this yearning
My mind is racing
My heart is pacing

As I feel this changing
The world is turning
But love won't stop burning

As I keep on praying
For peace and healing
I need a sign's revealing

As I keep on saying
I'll keep on surviving
But memories keep reviving

As I go on living
I know what's missing
Her touch and her kissing

As I go on being
New paths need choosing
Guess there's no use refusing

As I sit here typing
I think of what I'm saying
Options that need weighing

As I sit here I'm hoping
For blessing from above
And for a life after love

No comments:

Post a Comment