Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hurtspeak


All the love is gone
You've ripped it from my heart

All the money is gone
That's what you wanted from the start

My sense of self was gone
But I'm finding it now

At least my soul is left
You couldn't steal it anyhow

All of the tears are gone
My hurt all turned to anger

All your weapons are gone
My heart no longer in danger

All these years that are gone
Were they all just an act

All of your lies are showing
And now that's a fact

Took you no time at all
To throw away all that we shared

Now your true colors are showing
To all they're laid bare

What's done is done
For good or for bad

But in my heart I know
You'll never replace what you had

You once said that you had a dream
In it I called you many a cruel name

But I'll never give you that satisfaction
So add that to your shame

No comments:

Post a Comment