Friday, January 1, 2010

War of Thieves


I have taken money from his pocket
In the offerings of my ministry
But he stole something back
That which means the most to me

I exposed him for what he was
He came to steal, kill, and destroy
He tried to make me curse my Maker
With all of his devilish ploys

I stole all of his thunder
When years ago I took up the cross
Vengefully he struck back at me
Making my days so full of loss

I stole power from his grasp
By sharing the gospel with the lost
Spitefully he struck me back
Reminding me there'd be a high cost

I steal souls back from him
With lessons that I type sermons that i give
He tries to steal everything from me
Would have me regret the life that I live

I steal from the one called 'Old Scratch'
'Prince of Darkness' 'Most unclean'
He steals from a soldier of God
'The Creator' 'Yahweh' 'The One Unseen'

He stole from me a band of brothers
A ministry and my woman's love
All because I stole souls from him
To give to the Lord above

He stole everything from me
Hoping to make mine a life of regret
But just like with God's pilgrim Job
Again Lucifer has lost his bet

No comments:

Post a Comment