Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Light

Monday, February 22, 2010
The Light
Category: Life
This winter has been so long and so cold
At times it's been unbearable
With pains that cut me to my soul

So many weeks of skies dreary and grey
Just brought me further down
Into thoughts so dark that I just can't say

It happens when your heart is broken
When you feel you've lost it all
A time of feeling all alone and forsaken

Too many days of snow and ice and rain
Wouldn't let me get outside
So I could escape all the thoughts and the pain

I was forced to face all that I didn't want to feel
Like an animal trapped in a cage
But in this time I started to learn how to heal

And then the sun came out shining so brightly one day
It quietly parted the sky
Gracefully chasing all of the clouds away

In the warmth of the sun I went out for a drive
A chance to finally meet a friend
Ana after hours of us talking I felt so alive

It felt so good to hear someone laugh and see them smile
I felt a weight lifted from my heart
While making my way home mile after mile

It was another of life's many journeys
Like finding a safe haven
After being tossed in the storms of the seas

I could feel my heart start to awaken
Soaking in all of the rays of hope
Ready to take back that which had been taken

The sun and the future once again seemed bright
It's a wonder what can change
When you're once again standing in the light

No comments:

Post a Comment