Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finding Him

Over the years I’ve found God in the strangest places Places most people never thought of looking for Him I’ve found Him among people that most have forgotten People hurt by those who are happy to ignore them I found God on a sidewalk listening to a homeless man’s hurt Ministering to a man because other preachers didn’t want to His situation wasn’t much different from the rest of us All he wanted was somebody to listen to what he’d been through I found God in the voice of an addict as he testified Much of his testimony written in the lines on his face He told of how many had given up and written him off as dead But then a brother in Christ had shared some of our Lord’s grace I found God in a Hollywood actor’s heart Even after living a life of sin and debauchery He remembered where his life and blessings came from He listed God as his hero in his biography I found God in a rock singer’s words and music His lifestyle lead him to the grips of death and back again God’s grace lit a spark in his heart he had to share But many ‘Christians’ still only remember his sins I found God in the heart of a girl who had a past A young woman shamed by her tarnished history But she found grace while at her lowest of lows Now she shares Jesus and raises a family I found God in a fellow preacher’s heart But you say isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be But you haven’t seen the things that I have seen Preachers fueled not by love but by greed I found God up in the starry sky at night All of His creation on display for us all to see He created the wonders of the universe But He still took time to a man like me I found God while down on my knees in prayer Begging Him to please help me let go of all this hate I felt His hands on my shoulders and heard His voice As He saved my soul and assured me of my new fate I found God just in time to change my life The day I realized He had always been all around He saved my life and set my new course He gave me a new life to live a life unbound

No comments:

Post a Comment