Sunday, July 1, 2012

Moment Of Prayer


I spent my life running after worldly pleasures
I spent my time gathering up worldly treasure
But I don’t do that anymore
I spent my days running, trying to find myself
I spent my years running through a private hell
But what’s all this running good for

I spent my life living an playing a sinning man
I spent my life living and dying fast as I can
I was living a lie for what it’s worth
I spent my life living for someone else’s dreams
I spent my life living and busting at the seams
I was dying for a rebirth

I spent my life living in shadowy shades of grey
I spent my life living it my own twisted way
A life that left me begging on my knees
I spent my life living broken, so weak in the faith
I spent my life living with no sense of a better way
Until a word and a touch set my soul so free

I spent my life living weak and deceived
I spent my life living what the world believed
Until a prayer showed me I’d been so wrong
I spent my life living it out so cold and alone
I spent my life living in a world of my own
But now my soul sings out a different song

I spent my life living as a wreck and a mess
I spent my life living refusing to confess
So lost I didn’t know where to begin
I spent my life living bound in chains
I spent my life living wrap up in my pain
But I was set free while praying to God amen

No comments:

Post a Comment